This programme is suitable for students aged 11 to 19 years of age, with a place in an Independent school and wishing to live with a host family, or an EU student wishing to apply to a State school.
Students pursing this option will live with a carefully chosen, fully checked English speaking host family, in a community near to their school. This enables the student to experience the British way of life and culture whilst being fully immersed in the language. It is designed to give students a full package of care whilst benefiting from living with a host family.
This programme includes:
- An airport welcome with named driver
- Transport to/from airport on selected dates
- Application and advice on school placement, where required
- Attendance on first day, where possible
- Placement with an enhanced DBS, regularly inspected host family
- Half board on school days and full board at other times, including Easter
- Own bedroom
- Termly host family visits including written report
- Regular contact with the student’s school and host by the Alpha Team
- Regular updates with parents/agents
- Immediate contact should any significant event or incident occur
- Monitoring of child’s wellbeing and academic progress
- Handling of school matters, information and updates
- Advice and assistance on personal and academic matters
- Attendance at school functions e.g. progress/parents evenings, award nights
- Registration with local doctor
- Bank account opening
- Control of payments from Expenses Lodgement
- 24 hour emergency cover, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by Alpha Team
Alpha Guardians is accredited by AEGIS, the Association for the Education and the Guardianship of International students.